Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Homemade Cleaners!

With two small children and two dogs, using harsh chemicals to clean always worried me. Now I save myself the worry (and money) by mixing up my own homemade cleaners!

For and all-purpose cleaner:
1 part Vinegar
2 parts water
A few drops of Citra-Solv (optional)

Mix into a spray bottle and enjoy. I use this to clean my counter tops, tables, bathroom sinks etc.

Carpet Deodorizer:
Mix Baking soda and a few drops of essential oils (I like the scent of tea tree) and put into a mason jar. You can make a great shaker by poking holes in the jar lid. Shake on your carpet and then vacuum up!

Window cleaner:
Mix equal parts of hydrogen peroxide and water. Mix in a spray bottle and clean your windows!

1 comment:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

i so have to make that carpet stuff we have an ew puppy a choclate lab. border collie mix and man does it smell like puppy sometimes!